It’s a pain searching for Anet A8 Plus, but I got my Anet A8 Plus equipped with the latest Marlin firmware the bugfix-2.0.x version to be precise.
March 2020 Update
I was about to write up a new guide on Platform.io and guess what? Daniel from Crosslink.io wrote an awesome article on just that! Also briefly explaining a manual mesh bed leveling add-on, and the risks of enabled a lot of features right away.
- Download the latest Arduino IDE
- Download the Anet A8 board definition
- Follow the readme (i.e. place it in My Documents\Arduino\hardware)
- Download the latest Marlin 2.0 firmware
- Extract the downloaded archive
- Navigate to \config\examples\Anet\A8plus
- Copy both files to \Marlin
- Open \Marlin\Marlin.ino
- Go to Tools > Board: “…” > Select Anet V1.0 (Optiboot) if this doesn’t show restart Arduino IDE.
- Click “Verify/Build” (you might see some warnings)
- If this throws an error like:
u8glib.h: No such file or directory
- Sketch > Include Library > Manage libraries
- Wait for download to finish
- In the “Filter your search” box, type “u8glib”.
- Scroll down until you see “U8glib by oliver”. Click on it.
- Click “Install”
- Wait for installation to finish
- Click “Close”
- Click “Verify/Build” again to retry
- Connect the Anet A8 Plus to your computer
- Click “Upload”
- Voila your Anet A8 Plus is now equipped with Marlin 2.0