It’s a pain searching for Anet A8 Plus, but I got my Anet A8 Plus equipped with the latest Marlin firmware the bugfix-2.0.x version to be precise.
Update July 2020
My old written tutorial has helped many, but the new(er) video below by Daniel will help even more people and it’s up to date!
- Download the latest Arduino IDE
- Download the Anet A8 board definition
- Follow the readme (i.e. place it in My Documents\Arduino\hardware)
- Download the latest Marlin 2.0 firmware
- Extract the downloaded archive
- Navigate to \config\examples\Anet\A8plus
- Copy both files to \Marlin
- Open \Marlin\Marlin.ino
- Go to Tools > Board: “…” > Select Anet V1.0 (Optiboot) if this doesn’t show restart Arduino IDE.
- Click “Verify/Build” (you might see some warnings)
- If this throws an error like:
u8glib.h: No such file or directory
- Sketch > Include Library > Manage libraries
- Wait for download to finish
- In the “Filter your search” box, type “u8glib”.
- Scroll down until you see “U8glib by oliver”. Click on it.
- Click “Install”
- Wait for installation to finish
- Click “Close”
- Click “Verify/Build” again to retry
- Connect the Anet A8 Plus to your computer
- Click “Upload”
- Voila your Anet A8 Plus is now equipped with Marlin 2.0